Our friends at Vizion have gathered 20 Facebook factoids that may surprise you.
- Average number of friends: 338
- Images uploaded daily: 300 million
- Facebook employees: 40,000
- Monthly active users: 2.41 billion
When Facebook launched in 2003, it was called FaceMash. Then it was rebranded as TheFacebook on February 4, 2004. Mark Zuckerberg founded what is now the world’s most popular social platform with his college roommate and fellow Harvard University students.
Also of note:
- North Korea and China block Facebook.
- Facebook introduced several terms that altered the English language. Until Facebook, no one used “friend” as a verb. And “unfriend” wasn’t used at all.
Gather more Facebook fast facts from CNN.
Check out the infographic below to learn more. Don’t forget to share what you learned!